The first two years of your child’s life are considered the most critical time for brain development. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that kids under the age of two not watch any television, and that those over the age of two watch a maximum amount of 1 to 2 hours of television per day. There are a variety of different games and activities that your child can engage in to feed their growing minds and contribute to their long-term physical and social development.
At Valley Child Care & Learning Centers, we offer a wide variety of games and activities that help promote child education and healthy development. Each of our classrooms have been carefully designed to inspire and excite children. Such games include:
– Art – Hands on activities where kids can experience art through touching, feeling, cutting, tearing and pasting. Art can help kids develop a feel for form, balance, shape and color, as well as helping them sharpen their powers of observation, logical thinking and motor skills.
– Music – Helps children learn to use their whole bodies to learn and explore their surroundings. Music can help kids build awareness and experience the release and freedom of body movement. It can also help kids test their vocal and kinesthetic abilities and to have fun while experimenting.
– Math – Solving problems and finding new ways to observe the world through counting, sorting and putting items in order. An early basic understanding of math helps children begin to understand the concept of manipulating materials and telling the difference between specific items.
– Science – Interactive science activities can be one of the most exciting activities for children of all ages. Having the opportunity to participate in hands-on, real-life activities encourages the sense of discovery and wonder that is so important to child development.
– Circle Time – Having a time of day when kids can enjoy storytelling, singing songs, show and tell, and various matching games. During circle time, kids will learn to express their ideas and discover their world independently.
If you’re looking an early learning center that will foster creativity and learning in your child, there’s no better place than Valley Child Care & Learning Centers. Contact us today to learn more about enrolling your child at one of our Valley-wide locations.