Halloween is a fun night for both children and adults. By following a few safety tips you can ensure the night is enjoyed by all.
1. Buy or Make costumes in light colored material and make sure the costumes fit properly.
2. Add reflective tape to costumes so that motorists can spot your children.
3. Use nontoxic face paints rather than a mask. A mask may obstruct your child’s vision.
4. Supervise younger children and have older children travel in groups.
5. For older children, draw a map outlining what route they should follow.
6. Have children carry a flashlight so they can be seen.
7. Feed your children a nutritious meal before Trick or Treating. This will prevent them from eating treats before being inspected.